Thursday, October 18, 2007

what's going on

I guess Houston does get cold it's like 50 degree right now. I am finishing this hot topic series with talking about creation vs. evolution. I know one of the easy topics to talk about. huh?
I just finished reading this book called "Deadly Viper" by Mike Foster&Jud Wilhite. The book is about integrity and character it's a great book and a easy read. I am now reading a book called "I sold my soul on ebay" it's great so far. I have been reading a ton lately.
I hired a female intern and she is doing a great job. God is doing some amazing thing in the ministry here at RPC. We are growing and seeing new faces weekly. I think I am going to start pray partners for our ministry and think that it will great. This weekend we are doing a middle school cookout at the church. I am excited about it. A chance to be relational and just walk, talk with kids and hang out with kids.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like you guys are doing some really great things down in Texas! I'm currently reading a book called Grace Rules by Steve McVey. It's SO good, you should pick it up while you are on your reading marathon!

Unknown said...

"I sold my Soul on Ebay," is a great one. Good to get another perspective on ministry. Hey when are you coming up to Stilly? Around Thanksgiving? Let me know cause we need to get together and talk about some stuff. By the way, I am heading to CO this weekend. I will keep you updated.