Monday, November 19, 2007

Are you listening?

I was on the plane come back from Atlanta on Saturday, and this is normally the time I use to catch up on some reading I had the chance to read an article entitled, "Are you listening?" This idea became so real to me so I began to ponder this topic. I was MOC a few weeks ago and normally I get a bunch of calls about money, but not this day. I got a call from someone that was having relationship problems. I called her back and began to talk with her. I wanted to give her some advice on how to fix it, but didn’t really know how to since I am a 26 year old trying to give someone older than me relationship advice. After we met the first time I called one of my friends who happens to be a counselor. He told me a lot of different things, but most importantly he said that often times people just want someone to listen.
We met again and that is just what I did… just listened and added some comments here and there. This made me realized that my friend was right; sometimes we just need an ear to hear us.

No comments: