Monday, November 26, 2007

An Interview with Jessica Stanley (middle school Intern)

I wanted to interview a member of my middle school staff. Jessica is basically in charge of our
middle school girls and she is doing a great job. Here is her interview.

Why did you chose to intern at RPC?

-I chose to be the Middle School Group intern beacuse of my desire to minister the word of God and to take an opportunity to be relational with girls in Middle School.
What have you learned so far?
-So far I have how to be a more effective leader and example.
What challenges have you came across in this position?
-This position has been challenging, the greatest so far being able to step out of my comfort zone and taking on the challenge of effectively interacting with these girls.
What does girl ministry mean to you?
-To me, girls ministry is listening, understanding, and teaching through my own experiences and God's word. It is an opportunity to be a friend to these girls without judgment and with having a great time.
What do you like about your boss?
-Terrace is a very passionate example. It is clear that he loves ministry and that is truly contagious. I am glad for him always holding me accountable and pushing me to be better in this position and in life.

You should check out Jessica's blog
I am excited and blessed to have her on my team.

No comments: